In my wishlist post I said I wanted to try the Sleek eyeshadow palette Au Naturel but as I was searching for it on the shelves I came across the Storm palette and purchased that instead. Something about it just caught my eye. There are 12 shades in the palette , consisting mainly of shimmer shadows but also has 3 matte shades. It comes with a double ended sponge applicator (WHY?!) and a full size mirror.
On the left, starting from the bottom:
- Sand Storm – a gorgeous golden shimmer
- Snow Storm – pale golden cream shimmer
- Calm Before The Storm – a matte mid brown/taupe
- Thunder Storm – similar to Sand Storm in the palette but more of a yellow/lighter gold
- Perfect Storm – beautiful copper/rose gold shimmer
- Firestorm – stunning burgundy shimmer
On the right, starting from the bottom:
- Dust Storm – warm brown shimmer
- Gathering Storm – deep blue/grey shimmer
- Storm Cloud – deep green shimmer
- Electric Blue – deep steel blue
- Eye of the Storm – dark brown/taupe matte
- Blackout – matte black
All of the polishes feel lovely and creamy and soft with the black being a little harsher, as to be expected. This doesn’t have an affect on the application though as they go on smoothly with great pigmentation. Overall I think this is a great little palette. It’s a little more expensive than I’m used to paying for a palette but I think this is because I usual buy the Makeup Revolution 32 eyeshadow palettes for £8 and this Sleek 12 shade palette is £8.99 (from Superdrug). This isn’t overly expensive I know but I’m just not used to it -I’m stingy! I may pick up some more in the future is any others take my fancy.