It’s September and Autumn seems to have hit in one foul swoop! It’s gotten colder and it’s now been raining for at least 12 hours… But I love the colours this season brings and today I’m sharing some of my favourites from Makeup Gallery in a bold autumnal look. I’m also incorporating some A/W essential nail care to help those nails stay long & healthy!
- About half an hour before I started today’s look I did my usual routine of cleaning up my cuticles and filing my nails a little (you can see a more in depth post on my full nail care routine here). Then I applied the Makeup Gallery Well Polished Healthy Nails strengthener that will help condition the nails.
2. Then I used the Nail Hardener as a pre-base coat to ensure my nails stay strong.
3. I used a second base coat this time round, the Ridge Filler, as I had a couple of flaws on my nail beds and I didn’t want them to show!
4. For the nail colours I used True Teal on my index and middle fingers, Deep Amethyst on my ring finger and Silver Storm on my pinky. All 3 of these shades apply perfectly with just 2 coats, above is shown without topcoat. I love the combination of these colours; teal and aubergine are 2 of my favourite A/W colours to wear on my nails and my clothing! I think this is quite a bold look alone, just because of the different nail polishes used together but if you want more…
6. …You can always add some glitter and studs! On my index finger I’ve added Precious Gold and to my ring finger Silver Treasure. I was going to add some gold studies to my middle finger from the Makeup Gallery silver and gold stud wheel but decided to use some from the neon one for an extra pop instead!
7. Finally, don’t forget to finish it all of with your topcoat. The Makeup Gallery Well Polished Top & Base Coat is super glossy and dries pretty quickly too! Then I applied their Cuticle Oil, which is a must for me in autumn and winter as my skin tends to get really dry in the colder weather, which is definably on it’s way.
You can buy all of the products used and mentioned from Makeup Gallery stands in Poundland stores or most of them are available online!
*Products purchased with a voucher supplied by Makeup Gallery – all opinions and ideas are my own!