I could NOT wait to get my hands on the new limited edition VIP lipsticks from the Sleek MakeUP Whimsical Wonderland Collection. The collection also includes and i-Divine palette and 3 cheek stains but I just went for the lipsticks: I own the original 6 and they have an amazing formula. I did, however, pick up some other sleek products: the contour kit and 2 of the new Matte Me Lip shades. Again, apologies in advance for the lighting throughout! The sun was setting..damn sun. Also this is going to be pretty picture heavy so I’ll keep my word short & sweet. Let’s start with the lipsticks!
In my wishlist post I said I wanted to try the Sleek eyeshadow palette Au Naturel but as I was searching for it on the shelves I came across the Storm palette and purchased that instead. Something about it just caught my eye. There are 12 shades in the palette , consisting mainly of shimmer shadows but also has 3 matte shades. It comes with a double ended sponge applicator (WHY?!) and a full size mirror.
I was very lucky to win a competition a while back and I was given the entire new collection of VIP Lipsticks from Sleek as the prize. They are described as ‘creamy, long-lasting formula glides on smoothly, leaves an even, semi-matte finish’. There are 6 shades to give you that Very Important Pout and all are packed with Vitamin e, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter to help moisturise your lips and stop them drying out during wear.
Because you can never have too much right? This is something new but I just thought I’d share with you my current wishlist.
- Flawless Matte and Beyond Flawless – Makeup Revolution: at £8 for a 32 shade palette you can’t go wrong. I already own Flawless and Flawless 2, here, and application and colour payoff is excellent.
- Pro Fix, Amazing Fixing Spray – Makeup Revolution: £5 for 100ml. The website says to use if AFTER application but I’ve seen a lot of beauty bloggers spraying it on the makeup sponges they use to apply their foundation/concealer, something I want to try to prolong wear.
- 35W 35 Color Warm Palette – Morphe Brushes: £15.95 on Beauty Bay. I want to venture out of wearing browns and golds on my eyes but I also feel I need to stick to warm tones – I’m loving the rich purples in this. I have my eye on 35K 35 Color Taupe Palette and 35K 35 Color Koffee Palette too!
- Unicorn Collection – Cupcake Polishes: just look at all the glitter!! but sadly most of the stockists that ship to the UK are out of stock. If you’re in the US you can still purchase the whole collection here. (photo credit to @lakkomlakkom)
- Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint – Barry M: so I already own a fair few of these but I want them all… Row 1: L to R – Peach For The Stars, Fuchsia Generation, The Way You Make Me Teal, I’ve Been Pinkin’. Row 2: L to R – Empire State Of Mind, Pinkin’ Out Loud, Bug A Blue, All The Things You Red. Normally £4.99 each in Superdrug, currently in the 2 for £7 offer, and Boots, currently in the 3 for 2 offer.
- I Divine Eye Shadow Au Naturel – Sleek: available for £7.99 in Superdrug. I’ve heard good things about Sleek and I’ve just tried their VIP lipsticks (blog post coming soon!) and they’re amazing which means I want to try the eyeshadow palettes.
- Stamping Plates – MoYou: okay so I could have picked like a million stamping plates, but chose the basics that could start me off – Pro Collection 01, Fashionista Collection 05, Fashionista Collection 10. I do own stamping plates already but they’re cheap, came in bulk and I’m not really a fan of more than half the designs. MoYou is another brand I’ve heard great things about which makes me want to invest and when these gorgeous plates are £4.99 each you can’t really complain.
So I’ll probably buy a few of these things over the next few weeks/months because I can’t help myself but I need to try and refrain from spending too much!